About Me

Welcome to my blog!! My name is Danielle Johnson. The purpose of my blog is to back up all my information from my journey of creating my short film" Two Steps Behind". Also by looking through my blog you will see the passion and love that i have for media and my experiences of being an A2 student on this course . :)

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Marxism theory

Marxism Theory

The economic and political theory and practice originated by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels that holds that actions and human institutions are economically determined, that the class struggle is the basic agency of historical change, and that capitalism will ultimately be superseded by communism.



Ideology

A central feature of Marxist theory is the 'materialist' stance that social being determines consciousness. According to this stance, ideological positions are a function of class positions, and the dominant ideology in society is the ideology of its dominant class.


This links to are film because the wallet dropper is a dominant role than the the follower. The reason why this is because the wallet dropper would have more status because he works unlike the follower that commits a crime in the end of the film .

No comments:

Post a Comment